Friday 3 May 2013

Dyan Reaveleys Dylusion Sprays by Wendy



This is a plastic wrap background with Dylusions on gloss card and using a combination of La Blanche and Tim Holtz stamps. See the process below.
Use plastic lunch/cling wrap
I lay my plastic wrap on my craft sheet and sprayed with 3 colours of the Dylusions.
I sprayed some Perfect pearl mist onto my gloss card
I then applied the plastic lunch wrap colour side down onto my misted gloss card making sure to get some wrinkles in the surface. I then left it to dry. It will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
I then removed the plastic lunch wrap and completed the drying with a heat gun.
Manila tags work well with this process also.
You will need Rock salt Dylusions a good spritz bottle filled with water and your chose surface to colour.
You can use mat card or gloss. I prefer gloss. Apply lots your colours then a good spritz with water, sprinkle on the Rock salt. Make sure you spritz more water on any dry spots. Now leave to dry completely
Watch the rock salt pull the colour .
With sample is on cotton duck or canvas. You need this fabric to be wet to start with then add colour , salt and more water.
Love the finished look for book covers etc.
You can also add perfect pearl mist instead of water and this gives amazing metallic effects.
I sprayed the perfect pearl mist on the gloss card first then my colours then added rock salt.
This photo doesn't show how beautiful this effect really is. You have to try for yourself.
The technique also works on Manila tags.
I even did my seam binding bow.
Watercolour paper works well too.
In this sample I used a Crafters Workshop 6 by 6 stencil and Black Marble Dylusions spray.
Playing with layers of dylusions stencils stamps and white gel pen.
Love to colour lace as I use it for a stencil on my page. Stamp with white stazon and black archival ink with any stamps. My sample is with Tim Holtz stamps.



Now you can decorate as you choose. I love to collage stamp over the surface with archival ink in black and coffee. Ink the edges with Distress ink walnut stain and add charms and ribbons also coloured with the Dylusions.

Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley "Rock" salt technique...

Thanks for following.

2 comments :

  1. Stunning Wendy. This is something I am going try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors and pattern. TFS.

    ReplyDelete